About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Sponge Bob Skinny Jeans!

LOL I'll explain the post title later.

As I mentioned I've been doing quite a bit on online shopping lately (my poor, poor credit cards eeek!)

Anyway, the other day I received notice of a 3 day sale for 50% one piece of outerwear from Old Navy and through some coupon forums such as Bargain Moose and Smart Canucks (LOL sooooo Canadian!) I found out that an online code, LOULOU15 from Canadian Magazine Lou Lou for 15% was stackable.  I hurried myself over to the website and found that the ruffle wool jackets were on sale for $29!!  I was able to use both codes and got the coat for $12.33!!!!!!    So that's the good news.  The BAD news is that a couple hours later when my friend wanted to buy a coat the price was back up to the full price of $99.50.  NOT COOL.   But I guess I scored a good deal.

Here is the coat (and you'll get the title of my blog post)


Coat:  Old Navy Ruffle-Collar Wool Blend Jacket in XS (buy here or here)
Available in Petite on the US site in limited colours

When I came down to show my husband he exclaimed "hey there sponge bob" LOL!  and I told my friend O who added the line "skinny jeans" :P





I know it's super bright, but I like it!!   Do you think I could pull it off?   I was thinking of exchanging it  for this colour.  Or maybe just returning it all together.  But I figured for $12.33 I couldn't pass up getting a fun coloured jacket :) What are your thoughts?

I ordered a few other items as well to fulfill the requirement for free shipping over $50.





Old Navy Waffle-Knit Scoop Neck Tee (find it here - can't seem to find it on the US site)


I LOVE this shirt!   It is seriously so comfortable and I think I could wear this with just about anything.  I love the fit too I don't mind that the sleeves are a bit long - it adds to the coziness I feel in it :)   And it might be a little long for some other petite but I like the length.  I got this top for $10.20 after the Lou Lou discount.




I also picked up this cute little vest:


Linen-blend Open Front Vest in XS (find it here - out of stock on the US site!)

I just love the back it's so cute!  I picked this up for $12.74 after the discount.


Lastly, I got this skirt which I'm very unsure about:


Cord mini size 0 - on the US site here sold on the Canadian site but similar here

It really is quite short so I can see why there isn't a petite length available LOL!  I'm a taller petite though, for reference about 5'1" and 3/4".

I think it's really cute, but I'm not sure how much wear I would get out of it.  Suggestions would be helpful!





Phew!!!  That was a crazy haul!  All in all, pretty happy with the sizing from Old Navy MUCH better fit than seen in my last review featuring Banana Republic items.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...