About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gap review Part 2 - plus Banana Republic

Remember this review that I started a while ago?  Well my camera had died and I didn't finish my review.   Turns out I only had one item left to show LOL!  So I decided to include some items I ordered online through Banana Republic.

I picked up this mustard coloured cardigan that I LOVE but....(keep reading to see the 'but') :P





Long Cardigan:  Gap XS (I can't seem to find it online on either the Canadian or the US sites!)

So the "BUT" is that it's 100% Merino Wool and normally anything that has even 5% wool in it drive me crazy with itchiness!  For some reason this cardi is actually super soft!!  I did notice that when I tried it on another time it was a bit warmer and I felt a bit itchy, but not so much so that I wanted to tear my skin off.  So, even though it could potentially cause me some discomfort, I love the colour so much I'll just be sure to wear a shirt with sleeves under it.  (the things we do for fashion!)

Next up is a package of stuff I got from Banana Republic.

Both were fails as there were no petite sizing offered online, but I got lucky with some Gap and Old Navy stuff in XS I thought I would give it a try.

Top:  Banana Republic Silk Geo Print Top in XS (sold on on the Canadian site)


As you can see it's pretty much a tent on me!!!


Even a belt didn't help it out.



Too bad, because I really loved the details of this top:



The arm holes were WAY too big (you can see my bra, a BIG NO NO!)



I don't know what I was thinking but I also ordered a pair of non petite pants:




They are obviously way to big on me.  But surprisingly the waist seemed to stay up ok:


Way too baggy all over.


I also have another package from BR that came in today - it originally got lost (or someone stole it).  I have to say that the customer service was really great and helpful!   Based on my BR items above I don't have high hopes for what I ordered, but I guess you never know!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...