About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Petite Fashion Challenge #4

It's here, it's here!  Petite Fashion Challenge #4 is here :)   Every time these challenges are announced I think "oh I have plenty of time to do this" and every time I end up quickly snapping photos the night before.   This one was no exception!  




The challenge:

Create a holiday party look using festive colours and/or holiday pieces without looking like a greeting card.
 
I don't really have many opportunities to dress up and I don't like buying expensive dresses for one time wear (wedding dress excluded!) so I thought I would work with items that I currently have.


I've had this red dress for years - I honestly can't even remember where I got it from.  I decided that red would be my festive colour and I used really "blingy" accessories as my holiday pieces! And what's more festive than a snowflake brooch? :P



Dress:  Unknown Brand  size XS
Belt:  Danier XS
Shoes:  nine west size 7.5
Accessories:  Avon








The earrings are ridiculously huge but I love them all the same:




The pretty snowflake brooch that I got last year:





This bracelet is a bit big on me but I still love it.  Makes any outfit special :)



The fun wasn't just for petite bloggers but any petite that wanted to join in on the fun!  I had an entry from Design Girl:

"...for the holiday challenge, I decided to not go with the traditional colors but to go with a little bling on my shirt and keep the rest simple and comfy. I just got this shirt from Express delivered today and I already love it. It's a pale pink and is sheer with a black floral pattern and some black and silver bead embellishment. I styled it with a pencil skirt to wear to a work holiday party (tucked in so you don't see the gather at the waist) and with jeans for a holiday get-together with the girls."

I mentioned to Design Girl that I can see why she loves the blouse so much!  I think it's so unique and pretty and obviously versatile!




"Oh, and I never could get my shoes in the photo, which is why I am holding them."



Outfit details:
Blouse: Express embellished pleated sleeve Tandori shirt in XS (it doesn't look like it's still available online, but I ordered in on Black Friday and think it's probably still in some stores)

Tank top: Ann Taylor Loft XSP lace tank top, old
Skirt: Express tweed high-waist buckle-back pencil skirt in size 00 (I'm 5'1 and I think I need to get it hemmed 1 to 2 inches.)


Thanks Design Girl for your submission - I hope you start your own Petite Blog soon! :)


There was a really great turn out for this challenge.  Please check out all the other petite bloggers that participated in the challenge:


This challenge was definitely harder than it seemed!  Can't wait to see what all the other ladies came up with!!  ***(If I've missed you I apologize - let me know and I'll add you ASAP!)***
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...