About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Tag: Beauty Favorites

I was tagged by Elle and Ish to list my Beauty Favorites.  This is a really hard tag for me as I use a lot of products and my favorites are always changing!!!  I did find a few new favorites last year that I tend to gravitate towards.  Most of the products are from Avon as I am of course an Avon rep and I have reviewed a few of the products on my other blog:  Toronto Beauty Reviews but I will try to briefly list them out.

Questions:
1-Which lipstick/ lipgloss did you use most often in 2010?



This was HARD!!!!! Since I always change my lipstick colour depending on mood/season/outfit or rest of makeup I had trouble narrowing it down :P  I looked in my purse to see which lipstick I'm grabbing all the time and I came up with this:


Avon Ultra Color Rich in Rose Gold (picture is not exactly identical!):




I think I keep reaching for it because I feel like it brightens my face even if I'm not wearing a lot of eye makeup or if I just feel a little "blah".  It has gold flecks or shimmer in it too which makes it really pretty. It goes on really smoothly and isn't too pigmented so it still looks somewhat "neutral" and work appropriate.




2-What was your favorite eyeshadow this year?


Another hard one!   I change up my eyeshadow pretty often, but on weekdays I do tend to do the same neutral look. 


Avon 12-in-1 eyeshadow palette:






I really like this eye shadow palette because it gives me a lot of colours to play with all in one.  They pay off is really nice too.  See my review here.


3-What product for the complexion (foundation, blush, etc.,) did you use the most?


This is the product I had been using for most of the year though in the past couple of months I have been trying out liquid foundations.


Avon Smooth Minerals foundation:




I really like mineral foundation - I used to use Bare Essentials but when I started selling Avon I didn't see a huge difference in the way the Avon version looked and the price was much more affordable.


The blush I've been using for most of the year is Avon True colour blush in heavenly pink:






It looks really bright in the compact but with the right brush (not the brush in the compact) it goes on really nice and sheer and give my face that pop of colour it needs to look alive ;)


I also really like Too Faced Shadow Insurance:






I got a sample from Sephora and it was amazing!!  I will definitely be picking up the full size version of this.  I have oily skin and my eyelids will often not hold makeup on - with this stuff my makeup doesn't budge!  I have yet to try it in really humid conditions though but so far so good.


4-Your favorite nail polish color of 2010?


Honestly I couldn't pick a favorite colour because this year I've actually been experimenting with a bunch and I like a lot of different colours for different reasons.   I decided to add my favorite nail product of 2010 which is hands down Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat:


I first discovered this product from Jen at From Head To Toe and I've been hooked!  I did a post on it on my other blog and since then so many of my friends have picked it up too :)


5-Which skin care product would you not give up under any circumstances?


I would have to say my Clarisonic Brush.  I've only been using it for a month now but I love how it makes my skin feel and how my face cream goes on.  So soft and smooth!





6-What is your favorite personal care product?
I think I'm going to skip this one.  I don't have any personal care product preferences.


7-Your usually worn fragrance in 2010?


I LOVE this perfume and I ALWAYS get compliments when I wear it.  In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon for Avon:




It's a very romantic scent.  And I just love the bottle too!


8-What was your personal favorite jewelry piece?


My strand of pearls from my husband :)






9-What have you discovered in 2010 that is new for you (new products, inspirations, blogs, hobbies, etc.,)?
In 2010 I discovered the Seche Vite Top coat, the Clarisonic brush in terms of products.  I have new style inspirations thanks to all my lovely blogger friends.   I guess I've discovered a new hobby in blogging too!






10-Do you have resolutions for 2011? If so, what are they?
I blogged my resolutions here.




11-Tag other people:
You don't have to do it if you don't want to :)


Alicia - aliciafashionista
Olyvia - Caramel Covered Everything
Callandra - Petite Early Morning Style
Alli - Ski Petite



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...