About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Petite Fashion Challenge #1: Petite Don't - Wide Legged Jeans

This post is my first wardrobe challenge - petite challenge that is!  Jean of Extra Petite had a challenge for us petite bloggers. 





The challenge was: 


Create an outfit for weekend brunch with your girlfriends. The outfit must include one garment that is typically notorious for being a petite "don't."
 
I have to admit I JUMPED right away into accepting this challenge....then as the days ticked away I actually got more nervous!  I'm SURE I have MANY petite "don'ts" in my wardrobe and I'm SURE I have not succeeded at making many of these Don'ts into Dos.
 
The most prominent petite don't item I own are my wide legged jeans:
 
Jeans:   Parasuco size 25

Ok, these jeans are really wide legged.  The bottoms measure 11 inches:



I also got these hemmed quite a bit so they were even wider to begin with.

It's believed that petites shouldn't wear wide legged pants since these types of pants tend to overwhelm a small frame and make the legs appear shorter.  To counteract the wideness of the pants I thought to pair it with a fitted top.  I also made sure to wear my highest heel to make sure my legs didn't disappear or look short.
Also, these jeans make me think of a great men's wear inspired look so I decided to carry that theme through with a vest.  Here is the look I came up with:






Vest:  Mexx XS
Halter:  H&M size 4
Shoes: Aldo size 7



To ensure the men's wear look was still feminine, I made sure to wear a really girly lacy top underneath and finished the outfit with a pink bag.





Close up of the shoes:





I'm relieved this challenge is done LOL!  I think I would totally wear this out to a brunch with the girls maybe a little dressier type of brunch.

These jeans may be a petite don't but I love them all the same!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...