About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Petite Fashion Challenge #3



 Petite Fashion Challenge #3 was the biggest challenge yet!  Hosted by Petite Little Girl this month's challenge was to
"Pick an outfit from your favorite celeb and show us how to recreate that look for less. Usually, your style icon reflects your personal style and also your body type. In this challenge, your style icon doesn’t have to be a petite."
At first I thought this should be easy, there are so many celebrities, petite and non-petite that I admire.  As the challenge got closer I realized that the point was to recreate the look and that's when the panick set it.   I don't have any pieces in my wardrobe that are celebrity worthy!!!  Most of the items in my closet are fairly conservative, if not (dare I say it) boring and I ususally just use accessories to liven the outfit up a bit!   I left this one to the VERY last minute, finally settling on my celebrity of choice Tuesday evening and taking pictures Wednesday after work!

I kind of copped out but picking an outfit that I KNEW I had the elements for - therefore something really simple!

So anyway, the celebrity I picked is Nina Dobrev who so happens to be Canadian LOL (I just can't stop showing my Canadian love :P )  She is currently on the show The Vampire Diaries for those who are wondering who she is.

Yes, she is quite young and her bio says she is about 5'6" but to be honest, I think she could be a fellow petite!   I think she is a beautiful girl - she reminds me of Alyssa Milano - very classic features and I think she is probably still developing her sense of style.

Anyway, I found two pictures of her that I wanted to try and "recreate"


photo from Just Jared



I was going to go for the first look but no one would loan me a dog LOL.   So I went for the second look.   I do not have shoes nearly as cool as her shoes in the photo but I do have shoes that are pink!

The outfit details:
Tank by Joie; Tuxedo Jacket by Paul and Joe Sister; Jean by Work; Ring by Roseark
Sequin cuff by Vionnet Boutique; Pink pumps by Brian Atwood


Here's my recreation of the look (Don't laugh - ok you can laugh but only because I did!)

^first attempt - notice the lap top on the table - was trying to get the pose JUST RIGHT^
LOL!

"Posing" eventually got to be too difficult (there were many, many shots taken before these) so I just did what was semi-comfortable





Ok, yeah, so posing like that made me feel so ridiculous and I was completely giggling to myself the whole time!  

My outfit details:

Top:  Le Chateau
Blazer:  H&M
Shoes:  payless
Bangle:  Watch from Avon
Ring:  totally forgot to put on a big ring

My goal was to just get the elements in place.  Cropped skinny pants, pink shoes, pattered top, light coloured blazer and the bangle.  I DID however spend time straightening my hair the night before so I hope you all appreciate that effort :P

Well, there you have it Petite Fashion Challenge #3 is now completed!

If you're interested in seeing my Petite Fashion Challenge 1 and 2 click here and here.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...