About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Change room review: Gap Jeans

What's the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?  For me it's usually hit the snooze button a million times then finally roll out of bed and drag my sleepy-eyed self to the bathroom.  But THIS morning I for some reason decided to check my email on my phone and I saw that I was sent an offer from the Gap through Groupon to buy a $50 gift card for $25!!

So instead of my usual morning routine I fired up my computer and promptly bought my coupon.  Thank goodness I did because only a few hours later apparently the Groupon site crashed!  It was totally worth me being late to work this morning :P

I had really, really had my eye on these legging jeans after seeing them on Chloe here.

Unfortunately Gap does not offer petite sizes in Canada, but I thought I would go in and check out the jeans anyway.

Let me just say first off that that Gap denim is soooo super comfortable.  So soft and stretchy I loved them!  But unfortunately fit was another story. (Please excuse the pics - change rooms have such horrible lighting)

Legging Jeans in size 26/2:




I was pretty happy with the fit besides the length as you can kind of see here:



Not really sure how much "bunchiness" is acceptable - but when I turned around I saw this nighmare:



See the bumpiness and sagging?


Not flattering at all!

So I tried a size down 25/0:



But the same thing occurred at the back:




(it's REALLY hard to take a picture of your butt....I was twisting in all sorts of strange ways!)

The back side is saggy and I look flat.  And there is too much material between the waistband and the top of the butt area.

I decided to try on a different style - always skinny jeans in size 0






But the extra material was still there.


So on to a 00:







The butt fit a bit better, but I think they were a bit too tight at the waist and I still didn't think the butt was flattering.

Overall I was disappointed :(  I really wanted to score a pair of skinny jeans as all I have are boot cut and trouser cut.   I may go back and try some other styles on or try out the kids section. 

I assume the rise on the petites version of these jeans would fit better.  Have any of my American friends had any luck?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...