About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

OOTD: adding colour to a boring outfit

As I've mentioned before I'm still learning how to "spice" up an outfit with colour.  I have this boring brown linen/cotton mix dress that I got from H&M a long time ago.  I wear it because it's one of those "throw on and go" pieces of clothing that I don't have to think about too much.  Here is how I would normally wear it:

Belt:  unknown from Winners

Pretty boring right?  Although it's a really easy outfit I always feel so "blah" wearing it. 
But it's already in my closet and it fits - I'm determined to make it work - so here is how I wore it the other day:


Dress:  H&M size 4
Earrings and Scarf:  Avon

I tried to spice it up a little with the scarf as a belt and the bold earrings.
I feel OK experimenting since most people at my work don't pay much attention to clothes and such.









So....does it work?  or is it a fail?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...