About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Review: H&M Work Wear

I really dislike going into H&M as I can usually only make it on the weekends so it is just way too crowded for my liking.  The clothes are just EVERYWHERE and if I see something on the mannequin wish my luck in trying to find the item actually in the store!  And I can never seem to find a sales person.  So, there's no WAY I have the patience for the fitting room.

On this particular day we were "killing some time" so I decided to venture in for a look.  The one rack I was drawn to was a rack full for dress shirts.  Ok, so it's nothing exciting, but I don't have ANY dress shirts that fit me properly and these ones looked pretty slim cut and there were a bunch of size 2's.  I thought why not and grabbed a few to try on at home.

Here are some pictures:

Shirt:  H&M size 2
Skirt:  Jacob size 0

While I like this look with the pencil skirt overall this is way to conservative for my current place of employment - I would feel way done up and almost stuffy if I wore this to work.

The shirt fit nicely in some places but was too big in the bust area and I thought the material was bunching up too much in the arms:



Side view - again you can see it's too big in the bust area:




View from the back:


Here is the shirt untucked:


It's hard to see from far but there is a nice pin striping running though it and the detail is carried through on the cuff:


Just in case I liked the shirt I got two more but in solid colours:





Same fit overall although I do like the sleeves rolled up better - the sleeves don't bunch up as much.

Overall, for about $30 I think these were a great buy.  If you are a bustier petite this might work although as with all button down shirts there is a risk of gaping.

For me however I think I will return these; I love the look of a crisp button down shirt but I have to find one that works for me.

I did manage to find this work blazer which I will probably wear more casually with jeans.


Blazer: H&M size 2

The sleeves are a little long but I prefer the look of them rolled up anyway.



Sadly no pretty lining :(  I think that should be a rule -- all jackets and purses should ALWAYS have pretty lining!




So at least I found one item to keep!

I also tried on a pair of kids "jeggings".  I was on the hunt for black leggings and I thought I would give these funny little pants a try.  The were kind of a thick legging material, had an elastic waist band and had jean pockets! LOL!  Oh -- and a place to write your name on the tag  :D

These were just laughable:


size 14Y+

First off these were too long on me - the waist was a little big despite the elastic but you can see where they are pulling at the crotch since they don't fit my hips.

The side view isn't any more flattering:



The back view is just horrendous!!!!!!


The best part though:



Name tag! LOL!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...