About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

OOTD: A (new) typical work outfit

I'm calling this a new typical work outfit because it's not something I had ever worn together before but it makes a great typical work outfit for me!  It was actually inspired by Kelly at Alterations Needed when she "deconstructed" her go-to outfit.  I loved this idea of breaking an outfit down into elements.  I don't know about you, but I don't have a lot of vision when it comes to putting together an outfit.  When I see something I immediate know if I'm drawn to it but often times the vision I see in my own head does not work out so well when I'm standing in front of a mirror!  I appreciated Kelly breaking it down a bit so I could see why it worked and instead of copying the look exactly, figuring out which elements I had in my own closet to pull off the overall look.

This is what I came up with:

Jeans:  Banana Republic Trouser Jean size 0P
Blouse:  Mexx XS
Cardigan:  Old Navy XS (in Canadian stores, not online - and disappeared from the US site!  But THIS is similar)
Belt - Danier XS
Necklace:  mark by Avon

Kelly had 4 basic guidelines I was trying to follow:
1) A fun top.  I don't have too many of those so I just went with an "interesting" top with the pattern and added the bold necklace.
2) 1/2 buttoned cardigan to give an "x-shape".  I did this but the cardigan itself is a little boxy and I don't have a really defined waist so to add further emphasis I added the belt.
3) Dark Denim.  Check
4) 3/4 sleeves.  Check

I also like the flower embellishment on the cardigan to add more elements of "fun" to the look ;)







So...how did I do?


Also....don't forget to enter the giveaway from Lisa of respect the shoes.

She's giving away a beautiful Anthropologie necklace to celebrate her 200th post (WOW!!!).


Enter until September 17th!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...