About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wardrobe Dissection: Not so pretty in pink

One of the reasons I decided to start this blog was to help me purge my closet.  I have a lot of clothes, but seem to only wear a small percentage of what's in my closet and even then, there are times when I'm wearing something and think "why in the world did I buy this?".  But then the item which caused me distress throughout the day gets washed then hung back up only to have me put it on again months later and am uttering the EXACT same thoughts.

I need to make a change.

 My thoughts were to try and take pictures of myself in everything that I own and "dissect" them so I can truly see if they are keepers or if I should give them away.  Pictures have a funny way showing the TRUTH!  Even looking in the mirror does not reveal all the flaws with an outfit or an article of clothing.

Here is the offending article of clothing:

Wrap Blouse:  Old Navy XS

Ugh, seriously, what WAS I thinking?  The length is awful, there is no shape to it - all it does is give me a really boxy shape and my proportions look all wrong!

 I think it's even worse from the side:



You can see how the front is way longer than it is in the back. 

What did I like about it in the first place?  I think it was the dusty rose colour, the lacy detail and the ribbon trim and tie which when all put together should go beautifully.  But in this case not so much.

Ironically the tag says "Perfect Fit":



Perfect fit huh?  Obviously not for me!

This one is going into the "give away" pile once and for all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...