About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Plight of a Petite

The two bloggers that inspired me to start a blog of my own are Alterations Needed and Petite Asian Girl .  I am petite myself standing at a whopping 5'1 and 3/4" (yes...I ALWAYS include the 3/4") and I have always found it difficult to find clothes that fit.  I honestly just accepted it.  Clothes looked decent on, or as long as they weren't falling off I thought they were ok.  Being in my 30's (but still sometimes looking like a little kid - just ask the lady at the convenience store who asked for my ID when I wanted to buy a lottery ticket!) I think it's about time I felt good in ALL my clothes.  When I found out there was an entire community of fellow petites out there my outlooked changed!  I shouldn't HAVE to settle for ill fitting clothes.  I should be able to look just as chic and fashionable as my average height friends right?

And so I've been inspired.  Unfortunately living in Canada it seems there are even LESS options for petites here - on my budget at least.  Since I've been pickier with what I spend my money I've only been able to find a few tops at select stores in the city however on trips I've taken to Florida I have been lucky to find great fitting items from the Banana Republic Outlet in the petites section.

Here is one of the dresses I picked up on one of my trips:


Dress:  Banana Republic 00P
Necklace:  mark. by Avon

I really love the fit of this dress.  It fits well at the bust and under the arms and is very comfortable to wear.  It might be slightly shorter than I'm usually comfortable with for work, but I think petites can pull it off without looking too sexy or inappropriate.

Here is a close up so you can see the light blue line in the pattern:



It's really hard to pick up in the photo but you can see the subtle blue along with the charcoal.

Since the A/C is always blasting at work I paired with an old cardigan I have:





Cardigan: Old Navy XP

This would probably be one of my first real "grown up" work outfits :P
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...