About Me

My photo
Inspired by other bloggers I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon in hopes of documenting my personal thoughts and journey in the challenging world of petite dressing from Toronto, Canada.

More Information about Me!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Casual Evening Outfit: Boyfriend Jacket "look"

I wore this outfit the other night out to dinner with friends.  I didn't want to feel too dressed up but I wanted to feel pulled together.  I picked the top specifically because it's flowy and unrestricting hence I could eat more LOL.

Since the print was pretty busy I didn't wear a necklace but I wore pretty bold earrings. (sorry for the quality, I'm not sure why the pictures are extra blurry here...)

Blazer:  Mexx size 32
Top:  White House Black Market size 00
Jeans:  edc by Esprit size S
Sandals:  Gap size 7
Bag:  Coach
Earrings:  mark by Avon

I really like the whole boyfriend jacket look but I have never been able to find one that didn't look like I was drowning in it. They always looked so boxy on my.   I'm not sure if the boyfriend jacket look itself is very petite friendly.  The proportions always seemed off when I was trying things on.

I was able to take more fitted blazer that I had in my closet and improvise by simply rolling up the sleeves.


Here is what the blazer looks like on it's own:


It's obviously more cropped that what a boyfriend jacket should look like.  You can see from the pictures above that it hits my hips, but I think this length just suits me better.

Well that was my attempt at the Boyfriend Jacket look!  Hopefully I pulled it off - I got a thumbs up from my husband so that should count for something ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...